HACK COVID-19 AND RESHAPE SOCIETIES
The impact of the COVID-19 Coronavirus is being felt across the globe. This unfolding situation is affecting not only the health of individuals, but also the operation of organisations across many sectors, cohesion of communities, serious financial disruption, and many knock-on implications yet to manifest.
It is a serious and frightening time, and we are seeing a wide range of responses to the threat, showcasing the best and worst of humanity.
It is a worldwide fight, on one side, to limit the negative loss of our communities, but is also an occasion to reshape our Societies, to figure out a different way of leaving together finally in harmony with Nature.
At Y4PT, we are committed to fight this worldwide battle all together!
- Through a fully remote, agile, global contest designing immediately deployable solutions to the unfolding situation.
- Remote: Not as a compromise but deliberately utilising, training in and exploring the best aspects of remote collaboration. Transforming every disadvantage into an opportunity to learn, grow, connect, solve and inspire.
- Lead by: our experienced, global Y4PT Team contributing support and action across different time zones.
- Participants: any individual can participate,, collaborating to develop & deploy fast new responses to worldwide events in real time.
- The Timeframe: 1 week lead-up; 4 x 24 hour focussed development blocks iterating from idea to trial deployment; 1 week follow up. (see below for more details; you’ll be contacted after you register!)
- Mobility and Transport during a force majeure health event
- Logistics and Freight Transport in lockdown cities
- Social collaboration to support local communities (e.g. focus on public transport asa collaborative industry)
- Maintaining Productivity
- Health (production of respirators, protection masks, protection shelters, future creation of stocks, equipments for hospitals, action on testing population to restart working activities, nutrition plans on long term basis, educating and teaching population how to reinforce their immune system, etc)
- Emergency action (e.g. through special transport, information of entreprises, etc)
- Community activities (solidarity initiatives, teaching the use of technologies for elderlies, sharing info platform, reinvent jobs, etc)
But any other concrete idea IN ANY FIELD is welcome!
SOME IDEAS TO STIMULATE YOU!
Participants will generate ideas we have not dreamed of, but here a few simple practical ones, if you haven’t any!
- App coordinating provision of essential supplies to vulnerable community members in times of panic-buying.
- Communal ‘check-in’ app for those without a strong support network.
- Co-ordinated pick-up and delivery for vulnerable people self-isolated without the ability to shop.
- Backend logistics temporary use of busses for delivery of essentials.
- Backend logistics for fast responsive changes to cleaning schedules of assets.
- Crowdsourcing activity from people stuck at home – eg games that help with medical research.
- Organising distribution of people in train coaches to maintain distance between people.
The focus of the contest will be collaborative, to make a huge joint effort to help Humanity on its whole.
Contacts with Companies, Countries, Region, Cities and Industries will be facilitated in order to put into practice the prototypes and projects
Nevertheless, there is a Final Prize: the participation in the next 2021 Y4PT International Hack event in Melbourne, Australia for the best 3 projects , with one person per team.
BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Solutions created have the potential to save lives, benefit the economy, generate income, improve situation management, and prevent similar problems in future. Small, timely, achievable actions now can have a uniquely powerful impact.
- Be the first to break new grounds!
- Combating fear and stress – a feeling of powerlessness contributes to fear and stress. Participating in a global event seeking proactive ways to help feeds a strong sense of purpose. Not just a distraction, but really making a change.
- Maintaining the benefits of a strong community while physically isolated
- Serving the global community at a time of great crisis.
- A fast, remote response now turns the problem of large numbers of people isolated and out of their normal routines into a tremendous resource.
HOW TO JOIN THE CALL
Register at: https://forms.gle/ch7NHFYThCDDQ1Mh9 .
Participants can be Individuals of any age, Groups or Teams of people, Youth of any age, Young Professionals, Start-Ups, Robotics Experts, Tech individuals, Companies, who will demonstrate their commitment, creativity, or enthusiasm for sustainability in their application.
There are so many ways to participate and make a difference so show us how YOU are a champion for fighting against the COVID-19 Pandemic!
Submissions will be reviewed by Y4PT and assessed relative to its creativity, value and potential for immediate or fast sustainability and replication.
The event previews a first phase of subscription from the 2nd of April 2020 till the 12th of April 2020
From the 13th of April till the 19th of April a selection of the possible participants to the Mentoring event will be made by Y4PT.
From the 20th of April till the 26th of April, tailor made encounters with Y4PT Mentors will take place to merge people together, discuss, implement, redirect and narrow the ideas, prototypes and skills of participants.
From 27th of April till the 3rd of March, winners will be announced and entitled to participate to the Y4PT International Hack 2021 that will take place in Melbourne, Australia, during the Public Transport Summit.
Y4PT, IN SHORT
For over 15 years, Y4PT has been bringing together young minds and industry experts in hacks and other events worldwide to collaborate in investigating and solving problems that face us all. We have a growing community of over 40 countries, and double that number of Y4PT Young Ambassadors. Each year we have generated 30/40 local Labs and Hacks, with more than 3 projects per event developed by local Authorities and stakeholders. Yearly global hacks since 2017, each with over 60 participants, have exponentially augmented the perspectives of these projects and collaborations.
To date, we have reached more than 10,000 young people – a proactive, creative, talented and committed worldwide community.
You can contribute to this initiative by donating online (https://www.gofundme.com/f/hack-corona-reshape-societies). The Funds will be used to generate and follow up this remote worldwide event through a platform, webinars and remote mentoring, with the selected projects or skilled people in order to generate or implement ideas and prototypes for the world crisis we are living.
For further information, contact:
Mrs. Alessandra GORINI, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Y4PT Foundation, email@example.com
Mr. Sebastián PERNET, Co-Founder, Y4PT Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org